Nellis AFB, NV
|Owner:||US Army Corps of Engineers|
|Architect:||Lee & Sakahara Architects|
|Award:||31 August 2004|
|Completion:||15 September 2005|
- Complex includes:
- AFSOC Headquater Facility
- MXS Facility
- New Construction
- 7,926 Total Square Feet
- Completed Ahead of Schedule
- Overall Cost Savings to the Owner
- Zero Reportable Injuries/Lost Workdays
- Sustainable Design Features Included
- Designed to LEED SPiRiT “Gold” Level of Certification
- Self-Performed 15% of Scope
- AGC Safe Site Award, 2005
- Letters of Recognition, 2005
- “Outstanding” Owner Evaluation
This Design-Build project consisted of a combined HQ AFSOC 563 Operation Location A Facility and 763 MXS HQ Facility.
The AFSOC 563 HQ Facility is a 4,238 s.f. administrative support facility housing a permanent staff of approximately nineteen personnel, and conference room space for up to thirty personnel.
The 763 MXS Facility project consists of a 3,688 s.f. administrative support facility housing a permanent staff of approximately seventeen personnel, and conference room space for up to thirty personnel.
In addition to design and construction, Straub was responsible for site preparation including clearing, excavation and shaping. Site utilities included water, wastewater, storm water, electrical, as well as voice and data communications. Site improvements included access, parking areas, sidewalks and landscaping; utilizing drought tolerant plants native to the local area.