Multi-level Dormitories & Parking Structure
Twentynine Palms, CA
Straub-Martin Harris, A Joint Venture
- Residential Dormitory
- New Construction
- 1.5 Mw Solar System
- 4 Solar Array Structures
- 4,680 Solar Panels Installed
- 384 Living Units
- 292,300 Total Square Feet
- 550+ car packing structure
- Zero Reportable Injuries/Lost Workdays
- 56,100 Total Square Feet
- USGBC LEED Gold Certification
- “Outstanding” Owner Evaluation
- “Outstanding” Interim Owner Evaluation
- ABC San Diego Award – “Top Project by a General Contractor”
- ABC National Eagle Award – “Top Project”, Mega-Projects Category
- PV America Project of Distinction Award
- ABC National Greener American Award
The work of this project includes the design, engineering, and construction of three new dormitory buildings, new off-site chiller, and a new 550+ car parking structure at Twentynine Palms, CA. This project is a LEED Gold certified sustainable project.
All three buildings are virtually identical four-story units (each building has 192 living units which house 384 enlisted personnel) compatible in size, style and color with the existing adjacent buildings. Each dormitory has community and service core facilities including multipurpose rooms, internet café and laundry facilities. The site plan is also compatible with the existing development pattern and character of the area and has the appropriate vehicular and pedestrian connections to the existing development.
The PV solar system was added after 50% completion of the project when the client received a grant for additional project funding. Within two months, the project team designed and built the entire system with no project schedule delays.